Coach Allie continues to have declaration emails from parents PAST the Saturday night deadline. This makes things VERY difficult for Allie and makes the Gators look very flaky to the other league teams. Allie is spending hours upon hours on the day of meets to make adjustments and still has more adjustments to make when she meets with the other coach. Please be respectful of this deadline. If your swimmer cannot be at the whole meet, please declare that they cannot make it. If you declare that your swimmer can make the meet, please be prepared to stay for the whole meet.
Examples of the consequences of late declarations: when you cancel last minute, or leave early, you put added pressure on the swimmers that remain, since they have to pick up your swimmers events. When you cancel last minute, or make changes past the deadline, you delay the start time of the meet since Allie has to do last minute reconciliations with the other coach.
PLEASE BE MINDFUL OF THE DECLARATION DEADLINE. LAST MINUTE CHANGES WILL NOT BE HONORED.
Qualifying Times for Champs
With the way that League Champs have changed this season, there are no prelims this year! In previous years, if you had a qualifying time that got you into prelims, the Top 16 from prelims go to League champs. This season, anyone with a qualifying time goes directly to champs! Please see the qualifying times in a link under "Team Documents" (link here).
Please see some important announcements for this week.
- Meet declarations are now due by 10pm Saturdays to allow families a bit more planning time- make sure you declare in Swimmingly Clubhouse so you don't miss a meet!
- Hey Ya'll, next week's home meet theme is Western Night - bring your cowboy hats, bandanas, and boots and we'll have a fun time! Other home meets now posted in the Calendar as well. Bring some props and have fun!
- Gator Kids will race one 25-yard freestyle before the beginning of Thursday's home meet! Come cheer them on!
- Coach, Lifeguard and Parent Relay will be held July 5th! Reach out to Kingsgate Gators Registrar to sign up to participate in the fun parent relay between first and second half shifts!
- There were some misunderstandings with our calendar and our Phantom Lake dates were reversed. Please note that Phantom Lake will be at our pool July 12th and we will be at Phantom Lake on July 14th. Calendar changes have been made and Participation Gators will reach out to impacted families.
Water Polo Info
The team consists of players from Kingsgate 1&2, 3&4 and 5, as well as High Woodlands. We are glad to be back for another season!
All paperwork MUST be filled out completely and signed by Friday, July 22, in order to participate. Some forms have likely been filled out for the Midlakes swim season, but their coaches will need their own copy for their records.
- Partial and Full scholarships are available upon request. Any requests will be accepted in confidence.
Practice Times and *Matches Information:
Week 1 (July 25-July 31), Week 2 (August 1-August 7), and Week 3 (August 8-August 14):
- Practice week Monday - Wednesday at Kingsgate 1&2 pool.
- 13 and overs 7am-8am
- 12 and unders 8am-9am
- *Matches begin - times and locations to be announced (in past, matches were 12u on Thursday, 10u on Friday, 14u on Saturday, 15+ on Sundays)
Week 4 (August 15-August 21):
- Practice Monday - Tuesday at Kingsgate 1&2 pool
- 13 and overs 7am-8am
- 12 and unders 8am-9am
- *Championship Matches begin - times and locations to be announced (in past, matches were 10u on Wednesday, 12u on Thursday, 14u on Friday, 15+ on Saturday, and Sunday August 21st will be championship games for all ages)
Dive Team Info
The Phantom Lake Dive Team still has space for more divers in all age groups if any Gators want to try out Dive Team this summer. There's been just a few practices so far, and there's plenty of summer left in the season.
Dive Team practices are: 11:50am - 12:40pm - 10U and 12U boys, 14U boys 12:30pm - 1:20pm - 8U girls and boys, 10U girls and boys, 12U girls 1:10pm - 2:00pm - 14U girls, 15+ girls and boys
Meets are super fun, though not required, and are on 6/29, 7/6, 7/11, 7/18, and 7/25 with dive championships on 7/30 and 7/31.
More questions? Ask [email protected].
Welcome Gator Nation!
The Kingsgate Gators are a summer swim team program made up of 125 swimmers ranging in ages 6 to 18. Swim season begins each year in mid-May and continues through July. We are part of the 26 team Midlakes Swim League. The primary focus of our program is to encourage the sport of swimming for all ages and abilities with an emphasis on technique, sportsmanship and fun.
If you have questions for our Team Parent, the Gators Board or Coaches, please fill out the contact form here.