Assistant Coach Applicants Sought for 2019 Season
Application Deadline is March 4, 2019
The Kingsgate Gators Swim Team is accepting applicants for Assistant Coach for the 2019 Season. Coaches. Please send your resume to Anne Buck of the Kingsgate Gators at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Gators are a medium-sized swim team located in the Kingsgate V neighborhood of Kirkland. Our team has roughly 125 participants ages 5 to 18. We are part of the Midlakes Swim League. The swim season runs from Mid May through the end of July.
Duties And Responsibilities Include Assisting Head Coach As Follows:
- Ensure practices and meets occur in a safe and organized manor.
- Supervise swimmers and teach proper competitive swimming technique.
- Attend all swim team events and functions to include pool parties, coaching clinics, and banquets.
- Assist with meet line ups using Hy-Tek meet manager and Swimtopia software.
- Represent the Gators Swim Team to Midlakes and to the community in a professional manor.
- Communicate timely, effectively, and professionally with team, other coaches, and parents and the Gators Board.
- Assist in managing junior and volunteer coaches.
Qualifications, Education And Experience:
- Knowledge and understanding of summer league swimming.
- Knowledge and experience teaching swimming to a variety of abilities and levels.
- Self-Motivation and ability to work independently without constant supervision.
- Candidates must enjoy working with a diverse group of swimmers.
- Experience supervising others and working in a team environment.
- Grounded, level-headed personality in potentially stressful, high energy situations.
- Ability to work with the other head coach to organize practices and meets.
- Current valid certifications in First Aid, CPR, and either Lifeguard Training or Safety Training for Coaches.
- Ability to take constructive feedback in a professional manner.
Compensation: to be discussed with the Gators Board
2018 Practice/Meet/Champs Schedule, which will most likely be the same in 2019:
Mid-May to mid-June, 6:30 pm to 9:15 pm
Mid-June (when school gets out), 6:15 am – 9:30 am
Saturday Clinics: First Saturday in June (stroke and turn) and second Saturday in June (coach’s invite).
Twice-Weekly meets, first meet Mid-June; Mid-July Division Champs; end of July League Champs
Candidates must be willing to work outside in all weather conditions for extended periods and be physically capable of carrying out the duties of a swim coach.