Assistant Coach Applicants Sought for 2020 Season
Application Deadline is March 4, 2020
The Gators are a medium-sized swim team located in the Kingsgate V neighborhood of Kirkland. Our team has roughly 125 participants ages 5 to 18. We are part of the Midlakes Swim League. The swim season runs from Mid May through the end of July.
Duties And Responsibilities Include Assisting Head Coach As Follows:
- Ensure practices and meets occur in a safe and organized manor.
- Supervise swimmers and teach proper competitive swimming technique.
- Attend all swim team events and functions to include pool parties, coaching clinics, and banquets.
- Assist with meet line ups using Hy-Tek meet manager and Swimtopia software.
- Represent the Gators Swim Team to Midlakes and to the community in a professional manor.
- Communicate timely, effectively, and professionally with team, other coaches, and parents and the Gators Board.
- Assist in managing junior and volunteer coaches.
Qualifications, Education And Experience:
- Knowledge and understanding of summer league swimming.
- Knowledge and experience teaching swimming to a variety of abilities and levels.
- Self-Motivation and ability to work independently without constant supervision.
- Candidates must enjoy working with a diverse group of swimmers.
- Experience supervising others and working in a team environment.
- Grounded, level-headed personality in potentially stressful, high energy situations.
- Ability to work with the other head coach to organize practices and meets.
- Current valid certifications in First Aid, CPR, and either Lifeguard Training or Safety Training for Coaches.
- Ability to take constructive feedback in a professional manner.
Compensation: to be discussed with the Gators Board
2019 Practice/Meet/Champs Schedule, which will most likely be the same in 2020:
Mid-May to mid-June, 6:30 pm to 9:15 pm
Mid-June (when school gets out), 6:15 am – 9:30 am
Saturday Clinics: First Saturday in June (stroke and turn) and second Saturday in June (coach’s invite).
Twice-Weekly meets, first meet Mid-June; Mid-July Division Champs; end of July League Champs
Candidates must be willing to work outside in all weather conditions for extended periods and be physically capable of carrying out the duties of a swim coach.