The Kingsgate Gators Swim Team is run by volunteers. It succeeds only with parent support; without this support, the program cannot function. All Gator families are expected to share in this responsibility equally and should be prepared to volunteer at every home meet and at least half of all away meets. It takes a minimum of 68 volunteers to successfully put on a home meet and Midlakes requires that a team provide 1 timer per lane and officials at every away meet including Championship Meets. Here are a list of volunteer positions and descriptions.
- Timing: Using a stopwatch to mark a swimmer’s time at both home and away meets.
- Hospitality/Concessions: Provides concession help (cashier/serving/cooking/clean-up) at home meets.
- Runner/Parking: directs home lot parking before the meet (1st half runner); runs timing sheets and stroke and turn sheets to data entry, other tasks as needed by the Head Parent Volunteer, Head Concessions Volunteer, or Starter. Helps with parking lot clean up after the meet (2nd half runner)
- Set Up: Involves setting up barriers, setting up computer area, roping off areas, bleachers and other deck set up.
- Staging: Helps to organize swimmers behind blocks before races.
- Stroke & Turn Judge (requires training): Provides impartial judgment to determine if strokes are performed correctly.
- Starter (requires training): Starts swimming events and ensures a fair race.
- Announcer: Announces current swim event, those upcoming, and Meet announcements.
- Awards: Attaches result labels to the back of ribbons in real time through the end of home meets.
- Computer/Data Entry (requires training): Inputs all meet information in real time and prints out result labels for awards. Must be trained in Hy-Tek Meet Manager. (Home meets)
- Clean up: Involves putting away barriers, covering the pool, cleaning up the pool surroundings.