SAFESPORT TRAINING MUST BE COMPLETED BY MAY 20TH.
As a swimmer and/or participant at Kingsgate Gators, you are required to take one of the following trainings before you will be allowed to swim in practices or participate in one of our meets or functions:
- Swimmers 12 and Under are required to take the free15-minute “SafeSport training for Kids”.
- Swimmers 13 and Over are required to take the free 15-minute “SafeSport training for Youth Athletes”.
- As a Parent/Volunteer at Kingsgate Gators, you are required to take the free 30-minute “Parent’s Guide to Misconduct in Sport”.
Here's How to Access the Required Training:
If you do not already have a SafeSport training account:
3. Fill in the required contact information and password. There is no Member ID #, so ignore this. Enter Midlakes as the “Name of Sport or Community Organization”.
4. Select your “Role” - either Athlete/Participant, Parent, or Volunteer.
5. Once your info is entered correctly, click the light blue “Sign Up” button at the bottom of the web page.
6. Once an account is created,
- From the Welcome page, select “Catalog” near the center of the page.
- From the Catalog, select the appropriate training as detailed above by clicking “Enroll”.
If you already have a SafeSport training account:
1. From the Welcome page, select “Catalog” near the center of the page.
2. From the Catalog, select the appropriate training as detailed above by clicking “Enroll”.
Once you have completed your training, your certificate will be saved within the SafeSport training system and communicated to us.
You can access your certificate at any time in the future if needed with this login information.
If you have already completed SafeSport training for another sport within the U.S. Center for SafeSport system after June 2021, please let our Board Secretary ([email protected]) know so we can link your training to the Midlakes/ Kingsgate Gators account.
For more information, check out the US Center for SafeSport Website: https://uscenterforsafesport.org/
Reporting Abusive Behavior
If anyone sees, or experiences, abusive behavior that violates our SafeSport code and/or the Midlakes Code of Conduct, they need to report the behavior to;
- The Head Official, Club Board Member, Coach if at a meet
- Coach and Club Board Member if at practices or events.
The offense would be reported to Midlakes as well as the proper authorities.
SafeSport also has a link to report a SafeSport concern. Report a SafeSport Concern | U.S. Center for SafeSport (uscenterforsafesport.org)